As 2015 closes, PF Markey has much to celebrate. We’re proud to be part of Michigan’s economic recovery. In the midst of a flat industrial market, PF Markey continues to work with its customers to improve profitability through significant cost savings.
In the last year, PF Markey Inc. – a regional leader in the distribution of machine metalworking tools, cutting tools, abrasives and other tooling solutions – has unveiled a new website and saved millions of dollars for its customers. Along the way, PF Markey earned international and national kudos for its efficiency and customer service.
Some of the highlights of 2015 include:
- PF Markey updated its website, pfmarkey.com. The changes made the website easier to navigate and offered more information about how PF Markey achieves significant cost savings for customers. The Latest News page provides a quick glimpse of what’s happening at PF Markey throughout the year.
- AutoCrib Inc. – one of the most recognized names in industrial vending machines and management software for automated inventory control – named PF Markey as a “Premier Distributor” for the 7th consecutive year. PF Markey is one of 20 companies in the world honored by AutoCrib Inc. for demonstrating the highest level of system design and consulting, field support and automatic inventory replenishment services. PF Markey installed more than 35 AutoCrib machines at 9 locations in Michigan, Kansas, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Ontario. The machines saved companies hundreds of thousands of dollars. PF Markey continues to meet with these manufacturers with the goal of securing significant cost savings in 2016.
- PF Markey took extra steps to maintain its tradition of providing outstanding goods and services to its customers. PF Markey earned ISO (International Organization for Standardization) 9001:2008 certification. Accepted worldwide as the standard that defines quality, ISO 9001:2008 sets the criteria for a quality management system and provides the framework to improve company efficiency, minimize risk and maximize opportunity. This certification ensures that PF Markey’s policies, practices and procedures work together to provide consistent quality to customers.
- PF Markey also was chosen as the North American distributor for Milacron, which manufactures and distributes plastics processing equipment. As a result of the partnership, PF Markey stationed personnel at all 10 Milacron locations in North America. The goal was to simplify Milacron’s distribution base and focus on cost savings. PF Markey personnel spent hundreds of hours installing equipment, reviewing goals and meeting with suppliers to secure some $400,000 in cost savings for Milacron. An additional $500,000 in savings is anticipated in 2015. The 2016 target is to save over $1 million.
- Signed AA Gear to a commodity contract for their cutting tools and coolant.
- Sold AutoCrib equipment to Tinker Air Force Base in Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Signed Chassix to an additional 2-year contract.
Our goals for 2016 include:
- Exploring options for e-commerce to make it even easier for customers to do business with PF Markey.
- Continue to grow market share
- Add new sales directors in the Michigan market
- Significantly increase our cost savings goals
- Continue to look for ways we can be innovative and stay on the forefront of our industry
PF Markey’s leadership is proud of the accolades and new partnerships. But the awards by themselves don’t mean much.
“What The AutoCrib Premier Award, new partnership with Milacron and ISO 9001:2008 certification mean is that we work hard every single day to achieve significant cost savings for our customers,” said Jim Terry, President of PF Markey. “We know the manufacturing industry is rallying in Michigan, and honing our quality assurance processes puts us in an even better position to accelerate profitability for our customers.”
That approach is working well for customers and PF Markey, located at 2880 Universal Dr. in Saginaw. For nearly four decades, PF Markey has specialized in supplying tools to help companies improve efficiency and cost effectiveness.
“Our goal is to achieve true partnership with our customers by establishing trust and maintaining continual communication and review of the top needs and cost drivers,” said Jack Goodenough, PF Markey Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “This, then allows us to continually achieve cost savings and new levels of efficiency and profitability for our customers as a team.”